StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading provider of GLP-compliant research and preclinical histology, pathology and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. We operate locations in VA, OH, MA and MD, with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of 20+ board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 50 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
- Perform tissue processing, fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining, and imaging with the highest of quality.
- Develop Immunohistochemistry protocols and adhere to written SOPs.
- Perform automated and bench-top IHC.
- Effectively collaborate with team members and clients.
- Various administrative duties to include recording and maintaining detailed records.
- Works independently and troubleshoots technical problems.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience as a histologic technician in a preclinical setting with concentration in veterinary histopathology and IHC techniques.
- ASCP certified Histotechnician (HT) or Histotechnologist (HTL) or eligible, certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral and written communication, problem solving, adaptability, and teamwork.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Biocare’s IntelliPATH Autostainer is preferred.
- A comprehensive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate; salary commensurate with experience.
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, and life insurance for employees and dependents. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.