Academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology firms face many of the same holiday demands that retail stores face.
Constant pressure from stakeholders to complete research projects before the start of the New Year begins in November and often does not subside until January. Fortunately, organizations can meet these demands safely and affordably by outsourcing their histopathology.
Below are 10 benefits of outsourcing your histopathology during the holidays.
- Standard operating procedures. Standardization is critical when conducting testing and research. Outsourcing firms have perfected their standard operating procedures and their goal is to ensure that your slides and specimens are properly handled to protect the validity of your research.
- Save money on lab operations. For many organizations, money is often tight at the end of the year. The cost to operate a lab and pay additional employees usually outweighs the cost of outsourcing, making the decision to outsource histopathology financially sound.
- The competing demands facing organizations during the holidays can limit an organization’s ability to handle and process test materials. Outsourcing firms can save your organization time and money by traveling to your facility to retrieve testing materials. They can also deliver results and materials upon completion, which is convenient during the holiday season.
- Ability to meet deadlines. When demands multiply as the holidays approach, it can become a challenge to meet required deadlines while maintaining the integrity of the testing process. Outsourcing companies have perfected the art of balancing scientific integrity with the need to adhere to deadlines.
- Secure specimen storage. Knowing how to properly store testing materials is critical – especially at the end of the year when demands increase. It can be easy for an organization that does not focus exclusively on histopathology to neglect the importance of storage. Outsourcing firms are experts when it comes to the proper storage compartments and climate control required to safely store specimens.
- Safe shipping practices. Safe shipping procedures are just as important as properly storing test materials. Outsourcing firms are experts at labeling test materials and ensuring that slides are properly packaged for secure shipment. They also know the best carriers to use for safe transport.
- Highest quality materials. Outsourcing firms buy materials like slides in large quantities, enabling them to obtain the highest quality materials at the most affordable price point. Cost savings are then passed to you in conjunction with your dependable test results.
- Specialization. While it can be tempting to try to handle your own histopathology needs during the holiday season, your timeliness and test results may suffer because your resources wear many hats. Outsourcing offers the highest degree of specialization, providing comfort that your testing needs are being handled professionally.
- Industry experience. Outsourcing firms participate in continuing education activities and industry trade shows to ensure that they stay on top of industry trends. Industry trade shows held by the Society of Toxicology and the Society of Quality Assurance feature the latest advances in cutting edge technology.
- Passion-infused test results. Academic institutions and pharmaceutical companies are often pulled in so many directions that it becomes impossible to be passionate and dedicated to the testing process. This is not the case with outsourcing firms, who are dedicated to the testing process every day of the year.
Choosing a Leader in Histopathology Outsourcing
Once you have decided to outsource your histopathology, the final step is to choose a provider that will best meet the unique needs of your organization. The histopathology experts at HSRL have over a decade of experience in meeting the demands of customers, even during the busiest times of the year. Please contact us to learn how our team will produce the highest quality results with accuracy and speed. With the ability to prepare thousands of slides every week, we are always ready to meet the needs of our customers – even during the busy holiday season.